Saturday, August 17, 2013

Dress code in Tamilnadu colleges

This article in The Hindu blog section caught my attention today....

.... about Kiruba and dress code ....

My comment is as follows: ( dont know whether it would get published )

This is one of the stupid articles that I have read in an highly esteemed newspaper/magazine like The Hindu.

These are the points on my take on this blog article being "stupid"

  1. This is not The Hindu's standard on name calling and picking.
  2. Dont you have any other news like "Thalaiva" release?
  3. Tamilnadu being numero uno in India in terms of every path of development and growth. 
  4. I am not supporting anyone - base don this dress code issue. (though I like jeans, white khadi shirt)
  5. Just by being glib, one cannot take on someone who is trying to make a living in his own way.

I hope this blog article gets removed. 

These engineering colleges in Tamilnadu are run by greedy educational trusts, who are collecting high fees and god knows what others exhorbitant fees etc. I bet that college wouldnt have given students a second helping of food, in the name of diet and customs, if it is a given authoritarian rule.

On a subtle note - why doesnt Tamilnadu government take a note of this dress code issue coginitively?

In North India everyone knows what heckling happens when women wear "modern" dress - as written in many articles in the newspapers / magazines

1 comment:

  1. wonderful take on the "stupidity" on enforcing the dress code in engineering colleges.

    ReplyDelete